7.13.2013

Stone Cold Revolving Door

I follow the rhythm of a beating heart
The trail finds a way into you.
This intimacy intimidates; this persistent, burrowing beast
Even through my resistance, I manage to find comfort here.

You're not so scary,
Now that I've uncovered some of you;
Semi-interesting, kind of nice--
I'm not so good with the compliments.

But I fear for you for you'll never understand
That I didn't come to stay, your path just crossed my way
It's time for me to go now, detour's coming up
Scenic route, no hitchhikers.

------------------

I've returned from my insane roller coaster ride,
No bars, no straps, just me and the rails.
Wind in my hair, heart in my throat, no voice to scream.
A clenched ass determined to stay seated and white knuckles gripping to-- Anything.

Didja miss me?
I missed you-- sort of.
But don't tell anyone.
Can't have rumors flying about that I may actually have feelings.

But don't get used to it, you know I'll go away again.
Not because of you, but because that's what I do.
In and out, around and around.
But I'll be back-- Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment